Red Hot Nature

Happily ever after...well, not always! But when you have your best friend to share every day with, how can life not always be great? By focusing all our energy on each other, we're creating a marriage that will last through the eternities. We have created this blog to share our lives with our family, friends, and the future family we'll create together. "Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriages is a gift from us to him." ~Elder L. Whitney Clayton

Sunday, July 7, 2013

First "Fourth"

Fireworks are among a few of my favorite things, so naturally I love the 4th of July for that reason. It's summer, so it usually equates to a BBQ somewhere as well. We went to Brent and Jan's for the BBQ and then headed up tower mountain where Zach and I were engaged exactly 51 weeks earlier.  Ali and Alex had their first date up there exactly 3 years ago, so it has kind of become a somewhat "magical" place for us Becksteads.  It was awesome to see the fireworks happening all over both valleys. We could see some huge fireworks clear up on the east side of the Salt Lake Valley near my old apartment in Holladay.

Ali's friend from dental school, Maelynn, and her husband, John also joined us. Of course Jeremiah was there. He wanted to just be the official picture taker, but we refused because we wanted him in all of our memorable pictures!

I was wearing sandals that night and it was getting dark, so when I propped my phone up to take our group pictures, I skimmed the side of each of my feet over a cactus. The next day, I had little blue and purple sores with a little needle hole in the middle. It stung for a good twenty minutes afterward! Stupid cactus! Lesson learned, never wear sandals at night time when there is a good chance cacti will be involved and near your little piggies.






No comments:

Post a Comment