Red Hot Nature

Happily ever after...well, not always! But when you have your best friend to share every day with, how can life not always be great? By focusing all our energy on each other, we're creating a marriage that will last through the eternities. We have created this blog to share our lives with our family, friends, and the future family we'll create together. "Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriages is a gift from us to him." ~Elder L. Whitney Clayton

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Finally...An End Table!

We are still slowly getting our house decorated and have been looking for an end table for the front room for MONTHS! I really wanted something teal/turquoise-ish in it to bring out the colors in our rom, but everything I saw was expensive. I did find some really cute tables on etsy.com, but they were either too expensive, or too expensive to ship here.

Zach called me Saturday morning to tell me there was a huge yard sale just north of Walgreen's and that they were bringing out some old antique furniture when he drove by. He told me to go see if I could find us an end table.  I did a few things around the house before leaving, then I ran over there all scrounge-like and walked around. Turns out, it wasn't a yard sale, but a huge "flea market" they were calling "Fleaology." There were actual vendors there and the table I ended up buying was from one that buys old furniture, then repurposes it. 


My cute, little, bright table!
I had a hard time deciding between the three tables so I made Zach come back with me on his lunch break.  By the time we got back, one table was already sold. Bummer! It was super cute. Zach liked the black one with a little light blue on the top. But I couldn't get past the bright turqoise/teal one.  I thought the black one might be too short next to our couch anyway.  I ended up going with the teal-ish one and am glad I did. It looks absolutely amazing!  There were some other really cute things around, but I only ended up getting two other decorations while we were there.  Better not spend it all in one place! :)

 
 


Cool old lantern and a wall hanging I also bought
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment