Red Hot Nature

Happily ever after...well, not always! But when you have your best friend to share every day with, how can life not always be great? By focusing all our energy on each other, we're creating a marriage that will last through the eternities. We have created this blog to share our lives with our family, friends, and the future family we'll create together. "Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriages is a gift from us to him." ~Elder L. Whitney Clayton

Sunday, July 21, 2013

First Concert

Shyanne and I are always concert buddies. We've gone to several concerts together already. One day several months ago, I saw a deal on Living Social to get tickets to all three days of Country Explosion for $49. Of course, I tell her about it while we are working out at the gym that night and we decide to buy tickets the next morning. Trevor and Lacie wanted to go with us too, so we bought them each a ticket.  Country Explosion is basically the smaller, Utah version of Country Jam.  Bunch of big name singers come sing during the weekend, as well as some less-known artists.

We only went Friday night and Saturday night. Obviously, Sunday is out. But it was wayyy too hot to go out Saturday during the day.  We saw Gloriana and Scotty McCreery Friday night.  They must not have sold all the reserved seats, because they opened it up and we got down there closer and got to sit on a chair instead of blankets. Obviously, we didn't sit during the headliner because that would be totally lame. 

Saturday night we saw Clay Walker (one of my all-time faves) and The Band Perry Saturday night.  I knew eventually they'd sing "Better Dig Two" and Shyanne and I figured it would be their last song after they came back for the encore. We were right.  I of course sang it at the top of my lungs to Zach like I always do when it comes on the radio. We had a great time and ate lots of Mexican Style corn, ribbon fries, and other delicious fattening things.  I think it might be a new tradition! It was our first concert since we were married.  Oh how I love music!

Gloriana Rocking Out

Zach, Me, Shy, Trevor, Lacie



No comments:

Post a Comment