Red Hot Nature

Happily ever after...well, not always! But when you have your best friend to share every day with, how can life not always be great? By focusing all our energy on each other, we're creating a marriage that will last through the eternities. We have created this blog to share our lives with our family, friends, and the future family we'll create together. "Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriages is a gift from us to him." ~Elder L. Whitney Clayton

Monday, December 14, 2015

This Was All They Could Afford

About two months ago, I went to San Antonio for Payroll 201 and took the CPP exam at the end of the course. It was a stressful time and I studied pretty hard before. I went back to my hotel and studied after class each day, ventured the city a bit to take a break and grab some dinner, then back to the hotel to study some more. It all paid off because I passed. Only about half the class usually passes the test proctor said, so not too bad for my first try I suppose. 

Well, the other day I finally got my "award" in the mail at work for passing. Look at this prized possession! Nothing says, "Great job!!" like a tiny lapel pin. I mean, I'll totally wear this to church or something. Show it off wherever I can. Maybe have it framed. Who knows? The possibilities are endless! 


However, it did arrive with this too, so that made it feel good for a minute! 
I'm so grateful I work at such an awesome company that invests their resources into helping me be the best I can at my job. Definitely not the dream job I had in mind...I mean who really chooses Payroll? But it's been a great career thus far, so I may as well stick with it! Nashville in May, here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment