Red Hot Nature

Happily ever after...well, not always! But when you have your best friend to share every day with, how can life not always be great? By focusing all our energy on each other, we're creating a marriage that will last through the eternities. We have created this blog to share our lives with our family, friends, and the future family we'll create together. "Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriages is a gift from us to him." ~Elder L. Whitney Clayton

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Lake Powell

Everyone except Brock and Arin's family was able to go to Lake Powell with the Harper Family.  We drove our Dodge and Ali, Alex and Clayton rode down with us.  The weather was supposed to be a little chilly and rain was forecasted too. Getting out of town proved to be a chore.  I had everything ready to go by the time Zach finally got home, but then we stopped and ate at Café Rio and didn't leave Spanish Fork until ohh...around 9 ish.

We stopped in Hanksville for some caffeine around 11:15 which apparently was a bad idea, because the result was the purchase of some California-style ugly @$$ cowboy hats. They kept trying on hats and we were all laughing so hard. It's a good thing the guy in the store was still cleaning up and was way chill because he actually closed at 11 and I think we left around 11:40 or so.

We got in around 1 am and had to wake Brent and Jan up to help us find the house boat and get all our stuff aboard and situated.  The wind was so bad, they hadn't left the slip. We actually didn't leave the slip all weekend because it was such a short trip and the wind was off and on, it wouldn't have even been worth it to go anchor somewhere.

We were afraid it would be too cold to boat, but the next morning we drove the ski boat over to where they usually anchor. We had a good wind block because it's in a channel.  Everybody took their turn on the wake board.  I have only ever tried once before this trip and I had a hard time getting up. I'd get almost there and the slurp up a mouthful of water.  I was all the way up one time, then somehow fell down right after.  I had to quit because it was making my shoulder hurt.  It wasn't cold after you were in the water and used to it and because we had that good little wind block, it wasn't even cold out of the water. 

The next day we went knee boarding. I'd never tried or even seen knee boarding before.  Zach kept giving me contradicting instructions so I was really confused about how to get up. When I finally did on the 3rd or so try...Zach fell off right when I got up and started riding so I had to let go.  We got up one more time for a little while, but it made my shoulder hurt so bad from trying to get up so many times that I couldn't go anymore. 

We went back to the house boat and changed and got Jan, Sharon and Kody to go sight seeing. We saw some cool old miner's steps and some really cool natural formations. 

We had a really great trip with no accidents...even though it was just a quick two day trip.














No comments:

Post a Comment