Red Hot Nature

Happily ever after...well, not always! But when you have your best friend to share every day with, how can life not always be great? By focusing all our energy on each other, we're creating a marriage that will last through the eternities. We have created this blog to share our lives with our family, friends, and the future family we'll create together. "Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriages is a gift from us to him." ~Elder L. Whitney Clayton

Saturday, September 21, 2013

First Flood...Yes, Flood

The weekend of the 6-7 Zach was up by Strawberry with his young men for a stake campout.  He was leaving Camp Heleman and called me to say he was leaving because they were getting rained out.  I had just got out of the shower and needed to go grocery shopping because it was Saturday and I was in charge of bringing corn for Beckstead family dinner the next day.  I looked out the window and the water was literally a river down my street.  It had come up so high that it was over the sidewalk and into my yard.  I ran downstairs to be sure we weren't being flooded out in the basement.  We later learned that a few ward members did have their basements flood. We were grateful to be on the high end of the street so the water was running down past our house and not making a pond in front of our house. 

I didn't get any pictures because I had to run to the store and on my way back, turning onto our street, the water was probably halfway up my car door.  When I went in to Smith's to shop, the rain had let up quite a bit. But when I left...I got completely drenched. So much for my shower and clean hair...  I was outside for maybe 30 seconds and I was more wet than when I had got out of the shower earlier.  When I got home, I had to take off all my clothes and put, clean, dry everything on.  I had to get towels and dry out my car because there was so much water on my grocery bags and from leaving the door open to put the groceries in that my seats were all puddled up.

I found this picture on KSL which was taken just one street over from us (I recognize the house on the corner).  The main street that the Ford is pulling up to is 800 South (the second Payson exit).  This is right by the Hillman Baseball Fields.  Our street looked just like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment