Red Hot Nature

Happily ever after...well, not always! But when you have your best friend to share every day with, how can life not always be great? By focusing all our energy on each other, we're creating a marriage that will last through the eternities. We have created this blog to share our lives with our family, friends, and the future family we'll create together. "Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriages is a gift from us to him." ~Elder L. Whitney Clayton

Friday, October 25, 2013

Yoga for Congo Women

Chantile invited me to come to a yoga event her sister was putting on. Her sister, Ann Richmond, is a yoga instructor and does these yoga presentations all over.  I had never "officially" met Chantile, but we talked nearly every day since our meeting through working for SOS.  I agreed to come just so I could meet her and dragged Shyanne along with me.  You wouldn't believe the stories of the women in countries like Congo.  It's sad to know we live such a privileged and oblivious life here in America and take it for granted on a daily basis. I can't imagine living somewhere that I was always in fear of my life, or where there are children being forced to be soldiers for these radical groups and where gang rapes happen every few minutes on average.  When we got there, we had to pick a wristband and we were able to see pictures of the women we were "representing" while we did our yoga practice.  My "sister" was named, Neema.  Some of the stories were hard to hear or even believe, but it's a great cause.  We were glad we attended and hope our menial donation can help the women in these struggling countries in some way or another.

Shyanne and me after the event with our "sisters" in Congo that we represented during the presentation

Shyanne, Chantile, Me, Ann Richmond and her little girl (Chantile's sister and the instructor and her niece who was obviously ready for bed)

No comments:

Post a Comment